Diabetes,cholesterol and Blood Pressure
- If you are from a family where diabetes is hereditary, try having few curry leaves every morning for 100 days. This is believed to prevent diabetes.
- Taking raw curry leaves daily helps prevent premature graying of hair.
- Are you having high blood pressure or excessive cholesterol - take raw garlic in empty stomach everyday. This significantly reduces blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Oatmeal helps reduce cholesterol. Regularly eating oatmeal for breakfast results in significant reduction of cholesterol in a few days.
- Indigestion ? - Add 3-4 crushed cloves of garlic to boiling milk and drink it. It gives immediate relief.
- Mix coriander juice with buttermilk and drink it to treat indigestion.
- For indigestion/acidity - drink lime juice mixed with ginger juice.
- Pudina (Mint) helps in digestion.
- When acidity strikes, drink a glass of cold banana milk shake (one banana and a glass of milk whisked together). It gives immediate relief.
- Drink freshly squeezed lemon with water daily.
- Eat slowly to feel full without overeating. It takes the brain 20 minutes to register the feeling a fullness.
- Sit in Vajrasana for 10 minutes after dinner.
- For cold relief - take the juice of ginger, mix it with honey and lime juice and drink it.
- Take one glass of warm water and pour some lime juice and a tsp of honey in it and consume it once or twice on a daily basis. This can be used effectively to treat common cold.
- A good decongestant and expectorant, Clove is beneficial for colds, coughs, laryngitis, asthma and is also a good herb for staph infections.
- Horseradish is another herb that has an excellent property to treat sore throat and upper respiratory tract infections, reduces fever, and expels concentrations of mucus.
- For immediate relief from cold, add1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder to a glass of hot milk and drink it.
- To get relief from bad cold, chop some cabbage and put it in boiling water. Inhale the steam at least twice a day.
- A teaspoon of honey used on its own or mixed with warm water or hot tea can relieve coughs caused by the common cold.
- For curing sore throats, just mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with 1/4 cup of honey and take 1 tablespoon six times a day. The vinegar kills the bacteria.
- Grind dry ginger and make a paste by adding water. Apply this poultice on the temple.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of clove, cinnamon, and almond powder together. Add a little water to make a paste. Apply this paste on the forehead.
- Mix a pinch of clove powder in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon oil. Apply this mixture on the forehead or temples.
- Take I tablespoon of almond oil and boil it. When it cools down, put two drops in each nostril.
- For headaches caused by bright sunlight, here's a quick remedy! Add lime juice and a little ginger paste to warm water and drink it. It brings instant relief.
- A cold washcloth (damp) draped over forehead and up over top of head and kept in place for 5 minutes or so can help or use an ice bag alternating from on forehead to nape of neck area.
- Walk 90 mins/week Walk 90 min per week. According to some this cuts headache occurrences in half. It also helps boost brain power.
Make a decoction by boiling tulsi leaves with moderate quantities of ginger and black pepper. Take it warm, mixed with 1 tsp honey, twice or thrice a day. Chew 2 or 3 leaves of holy basil, two or three times a day. Take 2 to 3 black peppercorns; add a few cumin seeds and some salt. Pound the ingredients together an take twice along with warm water. Lemon juice or fresh lemon slices mixed with warm water or added to hot tea can relieve both cough and sore throat,
- Reduce the amount of salt intake. Unwanted salt causes the body to retain water in unusual places, which can result in puffiness under the eyes. It can also impair your circulation, and cause the blood vessels under the skin to appear bluer.
- Including fresh fruit and leafy green vegetables in your daily diet will bring about a marked improvement in the quality of your complexion.
- At night, before going to bed, apply a mix of cream, glycerin, and lemon juice to your face and again keep it on for a short while before washing
- Take approx. 1 tsp of the dried powder of bilgiri with honey twice a day.
- An infusion prepared from lemon and taken on an empty stomach is recommended.
- A powder prepared from the dried flowers of the mango tree is recommended.
- Banana helps wash fatty wastes from kidneys, is soothing to the digestive tract and helps relieve constipation and diarrhea.
- Bothersome black heads? Cover the area with a mixture of green gramflour, curd and turmeric powder. Leave it for 10 minutes and wash off after 20 minutes with cold water.
- Honey remedy for skin blemishes. Cover the blemish with a dab of honey and place a band-aid over it. Honey kills the bacteria, keeps the skin, sterile, and speeds healing. Works overnight.
- Applying honey on the mouth will help you in getting rid of mouth ulcer.
- Eating Neem leaves will give strength to your gums, teeth and also it fights against the infectious agents that causes the mouth ulcer.
- Grind fenugreek leaves to make a paste, apply on your scalp and leave overnight.